Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Ronald

April 1, 2010

Institute For Medical Wellness Healthy Living Report

Before I get into the topic of the day, let me first announce that I will be retiring at the end of this month!

April Fools!!!

Sorry bout that!

With a daughter in 6th grade, and college tuition to save for, I do not think I will be retiring anytime soon. Besides, I can actually say I really love my job!

So now, on with the topic of the day!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Ronald

Sorry for another McDonalds post, but I couldn't resist.

Did anyone hear about the calls for Ronald McDonald to be fired?

No, the Donald, i.e. Donald Trump, is not firing the Ronald!

The argument is that Ronald McDonald, the clown that he is, makes people want to eat at McDonalds. Well Duh!!! Isn't that the purpose of a good advertising campaign?

McDonalds does not make anyone unhealthy. You, of your own free will, get to choose what you eat. So if you are gullible enough to eat at McDonalds, due a big clown with red hair, then maybe you deserve whatever you get.

But what exactly do you get?

Some say a heart attack waiting to happen. That could be true. But the evidence is not all against McDonalds. As alluded to in a previous newsletter, you can eat at McDonalds and lose weight.

While I am not a McDonalds fan as an adult, I certainly enjoyed their "food" as a child. But it was never due to Ronald McDonald. I have never been a fan of clowns, not at the circus, not at health insurance board meetings, not in the US Congress, and certainly not at a restaurant. But I would never ask for The Ronald, as I like to call him, to be fired. And with unemployment in America so high today, think of all the clowns that will be out of work if the Ronald is fired. Who will be at all the kids birthday parties?

Will they have to bring back the Hamburglar? Or maybe the Grimace, Mayor McCheese, or Captain Crook?

So while the highly processed McDonalds ingredients leave a whole lot to be desired, and may not truly qualify as real food, firing their top clown would not be a wise decision. There are plenty of other top clowns that should be fired, but I will not digress.

So do me a favor.

Because you deserve a break today!

So, get up and getaway to, this other funny blog post about an interview with Ronald McDonald himself!

Next time you are in the office, ask me about my favorite McDonalds slogan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Institute For Medical Wellness - Yearly Wellness Plans

Our Wellness Plans are growing fast this year. We are adding more individuals, couples and families every month. If you have not looked closely at these plans, more information can be found here, as well as the cost of the plans listed below.

Individuals Ages 6-24: once yearly fee of $399.
Individuals Ages 25 to 29: once yearly fee of $449.

Individuals Ages 30 and up: once yearly fee of $549.

Married couples: once yearly fee of $999.

Family Plan: once yearly fee of $1199.

Monthly payment options are also available!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Healthcare Reform Update:

I have decided to refrain from further reform updates in these newsletters. Instead I have set up a separate blog that will give my opinions of what healthcare reform will mean now and in the future. So for those of you who are interested in my opinions on these issues, you can find this new blog here, which will not be sent out as a newsletter. Instead, I encourage you to sign up on the blog to receive new issues as they are published.


To Good Health!


Steven Horvitz, D.O,
Board Certified Family Practice
Founder of The Institute For Medical Wellness
128 Borton Landing Road, Suite Two
Moorestown, NJ 08057
Phone 856-231-0590
Fax 856-294-0311
www.drhorvitz.com

To follow The Institute For Medical Wellness on Twitter.

If this newsletter was forwarded to you, and you would like to receive future editions in your email box, please sign up here.

It is always nice to get good feedback. Good feedback tells me that I am definitely moving in the right direction! So please check out our patient testimonials.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly think you have to hit rock bottom to make a change in your life. For anything really, for someone to truly want to change, they have to hit bottom, with drugs, alchohol, love life & relationships, and in your case food.For me I had two children and in those years the weight slowly crept up and I always made the excuse I was too busy to work out, but really it was just laziness. After I had my 2nd child I was 171 and I saw a picture of myself and that was my breaking point. I guess you could say that was my "rock bottom". From then on I made a decision to eat right foods, not for just a couple weeks or a month, but to make LIFESTYLE CHANGE, because I knew I would not truly like myself if I didn't. Not saying you have to be 130 lbs to be happy, that is far from what I mean, but I knew my weight was keeping me from being the person that I wanted to be.You just have to make a decision within yourself, find a strenght and draw from it, I swear if you can commit for 1 or 2 months, you will see improvements and then you will want to continue with it. That was November 08 and I weighed 171, now April 2010 I am currently 142 and still losing. I lost 20 lbs just from eating healthy, no working out at all so it CAN be done, it's hard but it is possible. I have recently started working out along with eating healthy because I was "stuck" around 150 for a long time.YOU CAN DO IT! Tell yourself that you are worth it. I would suggest cleaning out your pantry so that when K is not home, you will be forced to make healthy choices. And you know what, if you have a cheat day, so what, you didn't gain your weight in one day, as long as it doesn't continue into the next day, just say "that was great, tomorrow back to it" and start over again. The weight will continue to come off.Hang in there girl, it's tough being a woman!sorry for the long post

    ReplyDelete