Monday, December 07, 2009

Prelude to your New Years Resolutions !!

December 7, 2009

Institute For Medical Wellness prelude to your New Years Resolutions!

The new year is almost upon us and I hope everyone is thinking about their New Year's Resolutions. As many resolutions revolve around health, at The Institute For Medical Wellness, we are putting the finishing touches on helping you with a common resolution, with our soon to released healthy weight program.

One of the most common New Years Resolution is to achieve a healthier weight. So we are putting together a program that will help you achieve just that. Many weight loss programs work for a short while, only to become too difficult to continue. These difficulties can be in the program itself, an early plateau of weight loss, or the return of intense hunger and cravings that sabotage your ability to achieve your goal. Our goal is to help you defeat the cravings by giving your body the nourishment it needs. And our program will achieve this with sound nutritional advice and supplements, but without prescription medications.

Why I am so positive about this program?

About four months ago, I tested it out on myself. Now I rarely hear anyone tell me I need to lose weight. But, any weight I would gain would always go to my midsection, the worst area for good health. For this I thank my genetics. I will not get myself into trouble by naming the family members responsible. I know better than that! But central obesity or abdominal obesity is a high risk factor for Diabetes and High Blood Pressure, among other ilnesses. Please refer back to a previous newsletter on how central obesity leads to a deterioration in health.

But let me move on to results. After about 3 months my weight loss peaked at 15 pounds, 10% of my body weight, and is still there today. My waist size is down, and my clothes all fit well again. In my case, 95% of my weight loss occurred from my midsection. The other 5% somehow came from my fingers, so if anyone finds my college class ring in my office, please let me know! My energy level is definitely up. In fact I increased my exercise after I lost about 12 pounds, not before. Exercise is important for good health, but when it comes to weight loss, your diet is the most important factor.

Now, not everyone has the same genetics or metabolism. But most people make the same mistakes when it comes to eating. Most diets revolve around menu plans and portion control. It becomes a mental exercise to determine what you can put into your mouth. It should not be that way, and this is where our new program will help. Our program will revolve more around teaching you what you should not eat, than what you should. Portions should not be an issue, for if you eat the proper types of food, hunger cravings go away. If you choose to follow the media's diet headlines or Oprah's latest diet sensation, then I wish you luck, and I'll still be here to help you when it fails. But I hope that you will give us a chance instead, to help you not only lose the excess weight, but to achieve an overall healthier you!

So look to a future newsletter for the roll out of our new Healthy Weight Program. And start thinking about how The Institute For Medical Wellness can help you achieve your upcoming New Year's resolutions!


Do you still have money left in a medical or healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) for 2009?

Many of these accounts enable you to put aside money for healthcare for each calendar year. One drawback is that you lose the money if it is not used at the end of each calendar year. Our Wellness Plans put this money to excellent use. So if you have an unused balance for 2009, or looking to budget your account for 2010, check out our Wellness Plans. You can use your 2009 remaining balance to prepay for a 2010 Wellness Plan!

To Good Health!!

Steven Horvitz, D.O.
Board Certified Family Medicine
Founder of The Institute For Medical Wellness
128 Borton Landing Road, Suite Two
Moorestown, NJ 08057
Phone 856-231-0590
Fax 856-294-0311

Please follow us on twitter at

No comments:

Post a Comment